Due to COVID-19 lockdown many Migrant laborers, workers, Students, and Tourists are stuck in different states. Due to over political drama finally, center and state governments allowed the movement of Bihar residents with some restrictions.
Bihar Government has started the Bihar Migrant Registration COVID-19 Scheme for Migrant Workers, Students, and Tourists. CM Nitish Kumar has launched the Bihar Migrant Workers Online Registration Form scheme for the Return of People from another state. This scheme will benefit Many Bihar residents who are trapped in this Coronavirus Epidemic.
Whoever trapped in different states and want to return to the home can apply this online by sitting at home through the mobile or computer. Bihar government will bring all the laborers and students along with tourists through the Special train called Shramik Special Train. Just they have to register themself online on the given portal by the state government. Check the application procedure and registration link News of Bihar Migrant Registration COVID-19 Scheme from the below section.
Bihar Migrant Workers Online Registration Form
Due to coronavirus epidemics, The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) extended the lockdown up to the 17th May 2020. It is also believed that lockdown will be extended for another 3 to 4 months. In the view of this MHA has Circulated the notice about the movement of Migrant workers to all the Indian state governments. And it stated that to allow the migrant workers into the respective states.
A special train will be run by the Indian Government to bring all the people who are trapped in other states to the home state. For doing this everyone have to do the online registration form. For doing all the activity Ministry of Railway will designate a nodal officer for coordinating with state / UTs for their movement. Detailed guidelines also released for sale of tickets and for social distancing and other safety measures to be observed at train stations, train platforms, and within the trains. After clarification of the Central Government, the State Government of Bihar has started preparations for Quarantine and Isolation centers for upcoming migrant workers. State Government has started the process of Migrant Majdur Sahayata Yojana registration, screening, transporting, and quarantining lakhs of migrant workers of Bihar state.
Bihar Migrants Labours/ Students/ Tourists Online Form Detail
|Department||Labour Resources Department, Govt. of Bihar|
|Scheme||Bihar Migrant Registration COVID-19 Scheme|
|Scheme Announced By||CM Nitish Kumar|
|Objective||Return of People of Bihar Trapped in other states|
|Benefits||Help to come back home|
|Contact Number||Official Contact Numbers|
Along with this all the migrants who will returned through train will be kept in quarantine for 21 days after full checkup only they will allowed to go home. State Government also released some specific guidelines for home and self isolation.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue safely.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you coming from public place.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home for 14 days from the time you left an area with the ongoing spread of the virus.
- Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms until you recover.
- If you develop fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical advice promptly.
Documents Required for Bihar Migrant Labour & Student Registration
- Aadhaar Card / Voter Card / Driving License
- Address Proof
- Mobile Number
- Residential Address
- Contact Number of other Persons or family members from Bihar.
- Address of staying in other states.
1. When can I return to Bihar?
You can return to Bihar ONLY after lockdown restrictions are removed.
2. Do I need to register for entry into Bihar?
Yes, entry into the Gram Panchayat or Urban Local Body area will be only after the registration through the Government Portal.
3. Why do I need to register with Govt. of Bihar to return to Bihar?
In view of the Corona pandemic, all the persons returning to Bihar will have to undergo mandatory 14-day quarantine as a precautionary measure. The government will be creating quarantine facilities in the Gram Panchayats and Urban Local Body areas. The registration is required for the Government to make the required arrangements for the Quarantine.
4. How do I Register?
The Registration can be made on the portal – https://covid19.bihar.gov.in/
It can be self-registration by you. The Gram Panchayat and the Urban Local Body (ULB) have also been authorized to make the registration. You can request your family member/friend in the village or town, to register on your behalf. They can approach the Gram Panchayat office or ULB office for the registration.
5. What is Quarantine? Why do I need to undergo Quarantine? What facilities are there in the Quarantine Center?
Quarantine is a restriction on the movement of people to prevent the spread of infectious disease. In the current COVID-19 pandemic, the quarantine is required to prevent the spread of the disease. A 14-day mandatory quarantine is required for all the people coming from outside the State. The Government has created Quarantine facilities in the Gram Panchayat/ ULBs. These facilities have provision for free accommodation, free food, free toilet items, and free medical care, etc.
6. Will I get any financial incentive if I register?
No. Only registering your name in the portal will not entitle you to get any financial incentive. There is a financial incentive of Rs. 2000/- for returning through the government procedure and successful completion of the 14-day quarantine. Successful completion means following all the directions given for quarantine.
7. What is the travel arrangement to come to Bihar and to go home in village or in town?
The State Government is trying to arrange special trains/buses for transportation of people from outside the State to identified stations or bus stands. It will be intimated to you only when it is arranged. You can also come to Bihar in public transport like regular train service, inter-state bus service, or by flight when it is opened by the Government of India. From the Station and the Bus stand in Bihar, your concerned Gram Panchayat or Urban Local Body authorities will make transportation arrangements to take you to the Gram Panchayat or ULB Quarantine Centers.
8. Can I use a private vehicle to return to Bihar? And what is the procedure of inter-state movement?
Yes. You can come by a private vehicle. But the registration is mandatory and a pass will be issued for the travel purpose. You should not start the journey without obtaining the Pass.
9. Are there any procedural checks that I need to do once I arrive in Bihar?
After reaching the arriving point (railway station/ bus station/airport) in Bihar, please contact the GP/ULB nodal officer. They will guide you to the Quarantine facilities. There will be a mandatory 14-day quarantine period. Only on successful completion, you will be allowed to go anywhere else – like returning home, or visiting relatives or work, etc.
10. I don’t have any symptoms. Should I still be quarantined?
Yes, 14-day quarantine is mandatory for all persons returning to Bihar (even without any symptoms)
11. My work has started in Bangalore/Hyderabad. Since I don’t have any symptoms, can I go back even though my quarantine will end in next few days?
No, once returned to Bihar, there is a mandatory 14-day quarantine period.
12. Can I cancel after I register?
Yes, you can cancel. After registration, if you do not want to travel to Bihar, you can intimate through the portal by yourself or by your family members/relatives staying in Bihar. You can also inform the Nodal officer of the GP/ULB over telephone. (The Nodal officer details will be sent to you after registration)
13. If I come to Bihar without registration or don’t undergo 14-day mandatory quarantine then what action will be taken against me?
If you come to Bihar without registration or you don’t undergo compulsory 14-day quarantine or you do not follow quarantine norms during the period of quarantine, stringent action will be taken against you under Disaster Management Act 2005.